Congratulations everyone on a successful election in Orange County.
Hard work brings mid-term success in Orange County:
- There was at least one voter contact / GOTV event in each precinct and more in most precincts.
- For virtually every hour of Early Voting and Election Day, we had poll greeters handing out sample ballots, engaging voters and monitoring the polls.
- Early on, we created 10,000 flyers with ballot information and the early voting schedule.
- For Election Day, we produced created 65,000 sample ballots for canvassing and the polls.
- Volunteers wrote about 20,000 postcards for voters.
- All of our precincts are getting stronger, having picnics, potlucks, block parties, informational gatherings, etc. They are building tight-knit Democratic communities that will be ready for the Second Blue Wave.
- Democratic-leaning candidates received 90 percent of the number of votes that they did during the 2016 presidential and gubernatorial election.
- Democrats went from 74% of the votes in Orange County to 78% , even though we lacked highly contested elections except for the judges.
- Four hundred volunteers helped County-to-County partners win Republican seats.
- Led by Julie Tomkovick and Jenny McMillan, we presented 21 C2C webinars and reached folks in 49 counties. Some 464 folks registered and either attended live or received the webinar links, Powerpoints and documents to view later on.
- Led by Joan Guilkey, assisted by Jane Brown, we held 93 phone banks targeting nine counties and their candidates. Susan Lindsay sent canvassers to knock on over 11,000 doors for eight candidates.